Mr. Kelly is an experienced and successful personal and business advisor. He advises clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, residential and commercial real estate, and negotiation of various contracts.
Get in touch with Kevin today.
Mr. Kelly is an experienced and successful personal and business advisor. His experience includes the representation of individuals and business clients. He advises clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, residential and commercial real estate, and negotiation of various contracts. He also advises clients with regard to estate planning and administration and elder law issues.
When the need arises, Mr. Kelly is an experienced civil litigator, particularly in the areas of chancery and estate litigation. Mr. Kelly has handled complex corporate and commercial matters; defamation cases, and civil rights cases. He has successfully defended negligence and product liability cases, insurance coverage disputes, and has prevailed in plaintiff's personal injury cases in both New York and New Jersey. He also has substantial expertise in commercial and residential land use projects and government law, interacting with all levels of government. Over the years he has also served as attorney to several municipalities.
Mr. Kelly is a graduate of Fordham University and Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was a member of the Legislative Law Journal. Before practicing law, Mr Kelly was the former Law Secretary to Honorable Kevin M. O'Halloran, Presiding Judge, Superior Court, Chancery Division, General Equity Part, Bergen County and Assignment Judge Peter Ciolino.
Judges of the New Jersey Superior Court have appointed Mr. Kelly to serve and assist the court on complex legal matters, including Plenary and Emergency Medical Guardianships. In addition he has served as an Arbitrator in the New Jersey Superior Court Mandatory Arbitration Program. He has been appointed as Boundary Dispute Commissioner and Condemnation Commissioner in various Superior Court matters, is Borough Attorney for the Borough of New Milford. He also serves as attorney for the Planning Board for the Township of Teaneck and the Land Use Board of the Borough of Bogota.
Mr. Kelly is an Adjunct Professor at Bergen Community College. Mr. Kelly has also lectured at seminars presented by the National Business Institute; the Institute for Paralegal Education; the New Jersey State Foundation Speakers Bureau, and for clients.
A former Councilman of the Borough of New Milford, Mr. Kelly continues to be involved in his community and various pro bono publico programs. He has served as a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and is a trustee of the Bergen County Bar Association.
Mr. Kelly is also fluent in Spanish.
- Business Formations
- Business Disputes
- Health care Law
- Plaintiff's personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Land Use and Zoning
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Municipal Law
- Commercial Litigation
- General Litigation
- Elder Law.
- Fordham University, B.A., 1987
- Seton Hall University School, J.D., 1990
- State of New Jersey, 1990
- United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey, 1990
- State of New York, 1990
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, 1990
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, 1990
- Law Secretary to Honorable Kevin M. O'Halloran – Presiding Judge, Superior Court, Chancery Division, General Equity Part, Bergen County. (1990-1991)
- Law Secretary to Honorable Peter Ciolino – Assignment Judge, Superior Court, Bergen County. (1990-1991)
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association (General Equity, Civil Practice and Land Use Committees)
- Graduate and Barrister, Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
- Past Trustee, Bergen County Legal Services, Inc., 1997-2001
- Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick, New York
- Irish Business Organization of New York
- Bergen Irish Association
- New Milford AC
- New Milford Elks